Lifestyle entrepreneurs are a new breed of business owners that are a mix of solopreneurs and fully leveraged business owners that have reprioritized our lives, and have created new rules on how we interact with our businesses.
How can you spot a lifestyle entrepreneur?
- We design businesses around our life, not the other way around.
- We are not interested in making billions, but are not shutting ourselves from the abundance and flow that exists.
- We are most likely a socially conscious entrepreneur with a clearly defined reason why we exist, who we serve and what we stand for.
- We engage in businesses that inspire us and add value to the marketplace.
- We care most about flexibility and we work hard when we need to.
- We usually place a high value towards family and community/social service.
- Unlike philanthropists, we only choose businesses that make a difference AND make a profit.
- We are more likely to use technology and systems than people to create leverage in our business. If we have people on our team, the staff/leadership teams are generally smaller in number than typical companies of equivalent revenue size.
- We are more likely to hire independent consultants than employees.
- We are likely to have virtual businesses.
- We are generally more generous with sharing in the financial success with our teams.
- We are likely to have a strong culture and shared vision that everyone on the team understands and stands behind.
- We are more creative, able to change quickly as the circumstances change in the marketplace.
- We are less attached to the business, and more committed to the business vision being fulfilled.
If you consider yourself a lifestyle entrepreneur, shout out what you do and what you find to be most rewarding about this innovative way to be in business.